What are the benefits of content syndication in a digital marketplace?
Understanding what makes content syndication beneficial
Many people are quite reluctant about the impact of content syndication on their search engine rankings. There is an idea that Google might penalize your website due to the publication of duplicate content. However, this is not the case. External publishers will display a link that takes readers directly to your original content where it was first published. The following are some of the benefits you can obtain using content syndication:
- Gives your content maximum exposure
- Generate traffic to your site
- Promote yourself as an expert
- Receive quality links to your site
- Increase your search ranking
- Better exposure for your brand
- Build the number of your followers
- The process does not violate Google's policy
Content syndication is considered a win-win situation between the content owner and the publisher. With the aforementioned benefits of content syndication, the content owner will be able to increase their massive exposure and brand promotion while the publisher gets premium content to publish on their site.
Distributing content through social networks
The publisher can use content syndication in many ways. Your content can appear as a snippet on your site or it can be in the form of a link, thumbnail or even your full published content. Social networking sites are the most popular publishers of syndicated content. Social media marketing strategies from online marketers consist of writing shareable content that will help increase traffic to your website and increase exposure of your content among social media readers. Here are the things you can do to syndicate content on social networks:
- Optimize your business' local exposure by linking your blog's RSS feed to local directories for local businesses.
- Include links from your social media content to local directories for maximum exposure.
- Use LinkedIn to showcase your article posts on your LinkedIn profile and listings.
- Always include "Follow us on Facebook", "Follow us on Twitter" tags under your articles in your blog posts.
- Contact social networking sites that are industry specific to get maximum exposure of your content to your target readers.
Methods of content syndication
Content marketers have two options on how to syndicate content. They can opt for free or paid methods that involve different approaches to content syndication.
Free content syndication methods
These are methods in which you don't need to spend any money to gain exposure to your content. There are social networking sites that don't charge a penny to republish your content, such as the following:
- Hubpages This site has its own group of members called hubbers who own their own domain and can publish their content on their own hubs. Embed your own video content, share links to your articles and even publish your own article to other hubbers.
- Scribd Scribd members can share their content through the iPaper format. Your content can get high exposure to your users who are also republishing your content or eBook.
- Facebook The most popular social media platform that can get your content a high level of exposure. You can share a link to your content and even automate your blog site to post newly added content to your Facebook page.
- Twitter You can automate the display of tweets on your Twitter account regarding your most recent content, which increases your exposure to your newly posted content. YouTube. Post your shareable videos and include a link to your published content for others to visit as well.
Paid content syndication
The idea behind paid content syndication is to offer your content to an outside publisher who is willing to syndicate your content while charging a fee such as those seen on CNN and Forbes. While these sites are not categorized as social media sites, they have numerous social media followers to whom you can present your content for sharing. You can also do ad-supported blog syndication where you get a share of the ad revenue when your content performs well by generating traffic and followers on an industry-specific social networking site.
Find the best content syndication editor
Where you publish your content for syndication helps define the measurable success of gaining traffic and exposure for your brand and business. Whether it's a free or paid content syndication method you opt to use for content marketing, it's essential to find a reputable social media partner that can help you promote your content. The key to maximizing your social media content syndication includes the following:
- Select a social networking site that has larger social community members. This will give your content the maximum traffic and number of followers.
- Choose social media sites that are industry specific if you want to easily find the target audience for your content.
- Create a social media profile for your brand. This will take your content publishing a long way using a free content syndication method. Make sure you have a profile on these giant social networks - Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Make your content shareable by adding social media buttons. This makes it easier for your readers to share your content, which basically helps increase the exposure of your content within social networks.
Take advantage of RSS Contender's social networking tools. These tools can help you avoid manual distribution of content from your various social networks.
Online content syndication is a process used by SEO content writing services experts, content syndication is simply a business structure that increases the visibility of your business in an online marketplace. In the Internet marketing services industry, content syndication allows users to aggregate content across multiple websites.
These are some of the benefits of content syndication:
Increases visibility in the target audience
It is no use if you have great content but you are publishing only on your website, the efforts you have put in writing such a good article will not give the best results to see a better result publish your content on multiple websites relevant to your industry, where people find your content is valuable and useful information so that your content has a better chance of being visible to a huge target audience.
Gain quality traffic
In today's generation, consumers do more research and read articles before buying a product, consumers will be more interested to know about the products/services you offer. If you are posting your article on a third party website relevant to your website, so don't be greedy and post your article everywhere to get links to your site. Post your content in the right place and target the right audience at the right time.
Generate natural links
Here you are earning links 'naturally'. One more important thing to note here is that you are not paying money. Natural links to your site develop as part of the dynamic nature of the web when other sites find your content valuable and think it would be useful to their visitors.
Content syndication is part of Content Marketing and SEO
The importance of content syndication cannot be overstated because it generates more traffic, improves SEO rankings and increases brand awareness. As you know, readers have less patience and time. The easiest way to set up web content syndication is to create web feeds that provide your subscribers with a summary of the web content you have recently added. Together with these partner websites, your articles reach more than one audience group at no additional cost or effort.
You can find examples of internal business publications on Huffington and inc. It also gives you additional exposure to different geographies and demographics where you might not otherwise have an audience or might have difficulty communicating with them. It's more like a joint family where you know one and get referrals internally.